In a sad turn of events, the family of Mr. Joseph Hosea of Ikot Edor village, Oniong West ward 1 in Onna local government area in Akwa Ibom state have been rendered homeless at the beginning of the new year 2019.
According to reports, the first broke out in the early hours of Saturday, January 5, and engulfed Mr. Hosea’s house when he and the wife went out to the farm leaving the children at home.
According to reports, the children on seeing the fire beyond their control, ran out to seek help from the neighborhood but unfortunately, before the help could come, the mud house was at ground zero.
Mr. Hosea while speaking to reporters wept uncontrollably as he was stripped naked due to this unfortunate situation, noting that he is in a fix.
The father is calling on well meaning Nigerians and the government of Akwa Ibom State to come to the family’s aid and help them.