As part of Nintendo’s latest financial report, which revealed that the Switch has now shifted 34.47 million units, the company released an updated list of its best-selling games for the hybrid console.
Sitting right at the very top of the list, currently serving as the best-selling game on Switch, is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The game has already amassed a very tasty 16.69 million sales, which is already almost double the number achieved by Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. Turns out porting Wii U games to Switch was absolutely the right decision.
You can see the full top ten below (bear in mind that the data only references Nintendo-published titles).
Top Ten Best-Selling Nintendo Switch Games (as of 31st March 2019):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16.69 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 14.44 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13.81 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12.77 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! – 10.63 million
- Splatoon 2 – 8.70 million
- Super Mario Party – 6.40 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3.31 million
- 1-2-Switch – 2.97 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.64 million
It’s worth noting that those numbers above are worldwide sales and include retail, digital, and copies bundled with hardware all combined.
Any surprises? Do you think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will stay at the top of that list forever, or will something else come along and beat it? Share your thoughts with us below.